I’m so flattered to have been nominated by Mishka’s Beauty Blog for the Infinity Dreams Award! As a fairly new blogger, it’s wonderful to have rated a mention – so a big “thank you” to Mishka’s Beauty Blog!
HERE ARE THE RULES:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you (although don’t feel any pressure to follow my blog if you don’t want to!)
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Eleven Facts About Myself
- I’m a dual British-Australian Citizen. My mum is English and my dad is Australian. My grandparents are English, Samoan and German-Australian. I applied for my British Citizenship a few years ago in order to go and live in the UK for a year, and I’m looking forward to moving back there for a few years at some point in my life.
- I’m currently learning to sew. After having wanted to learn for years, I’ve finally started. I’ve asked for a sewing machine for Christmas, and I’ve just finished making my first ever project – a tropical circle skirt, complete with wide waistband, pleats, and zipper.
- I live in sub-tropical Queensland, Australia….a few hours north of Brisbane, the State Capital. That means that it’s currently 33 degrees Celsius and we’re expecting a hot, sunny day on which to go swimming for Christmas.
- I consider myself a “full time pinup girl”. I can’t wear pinup for my part-time job, but apart from that and the gym, I wear pinup style full time. This can be as simple as a wiggle skirt, retro flats and red lipstick, or as full on as carefully curled hair, circle dress, petticoats and heels. It’s a style I love and that I feel good in.
- I’m a leader with a youth organisation. I grew up being a part of the organisation and it really shaped my personality and attitude to life, so when I turned 18 I signed up as a leader. Seeing the great attitude and personality traits of the kids I work with makes me feel that the future is bright because these kids are in the world.
- I fight against depression and anxiety every day. Unfortunately, I have treatment-resistant mental illness, and it seems that it’s something I’ll have to live with for the rest of my life. But I fight against the symptoms and do my best to live a happy, healthy life however I can.
- I have one sibling. A brother seven years younger than me. We didn’t get on so well when he was really little, but these days we get on like a house on fire 🙂
- I’m currently at uni studying Environmental Science. I have one more year of study left to go, and I’m hoping to find work in my field soon after.
- I used to be a teacher. I left the industry after working as a kindergarten teacher and a primary school substitute teacher for a few years. In the end, I just had to admit that teaching wasn’t the right fit for me.
- My favourite TV show ever is Black Books. Clever, funny and a perfect mixture of dark and silly: what more could you want?
- I only recently joined Instagram. I put it off for ages – I didn’t want one more “time waster” thing in my life. But after starting to actually use it a few weeks ago, I’ve quickly come to love using Instagram to see how other people style themselves and live their lives 🙂
The Answers to the Questions I Was Set
- Name one thing you would love to be able to do. That’s easy – sew my own awesome pinup clothes instead of having to buy them at five times the price of the materials! I’m excited to be able to make the colours, patterns and styles I want rather than having to hunt things down and pay for them.
- Why did you begin to blog? For two reasons: because I wanted to record my ideas and experiences as a pinup girl; and as a hobby to help me in my therapy for mental illness.
- How do you decide on what you will blog about? Pinup style and lifestyle is something I really enjoy and have fun living, so it was an easy choice to share that passion with others.
- Have you any tips you feel would be good for other bloggers? Be patient; be kind. Don’t expect big reader numbers straight away: just keep doing what you do and writing about what you love, and as you continue on, readers will come. Also: be kind – to yourself as a new blogger, and to other bloggers. There’s no point being nasty or competitive with others when you could be making friends and allies instead!
- If there was one piece of advice you give your past self about the future, what would it be? “Things might not be easy, but keep trying to be the happiest, healthiest, kindest person you can be.”
- What is your one most important aim in life? As above: to live my life well and find joy and purpose where I can.
- If you could change one thing in life, what would it be? I’d ease this fight against mental illness and take away the clouds.
- Who are you favorite YouTubers at the moment? Pinup Doll Ashlee Marie, for beauty and hair videos; and Grav3yard Girl, for her hilarious product reviews.
- What super hero power would you like, and why? Mind reading capabilities, because it would make interactions with people so much easier!
- If you have a chance to move in the morning, where would it be to? Back to lovely Newcastle-upon-Tyne, in the north of England.
- What are your plans to end 2015? A pinup friend has invited me along to a Gatsby themed dinner dance, so I’ll actually be going out for New Years Eve, for once!
I Nominate the Following 11 Bloggers
I Set Them the Following Questions
- Have you always lived in the same part of the world?
- What are your personal/family Christmas/holiday traditions?
- When did you first start blogging?
- What’s your main goal for your blog?
- If you could change a personality trait of your own, what would it be?
- Where is somewhere you’ve never been that you’d love to visit?
- Do you speak a second language?
- What categories of blogs do you like to follow (eg. arts and crafts, literature, beauty)?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s something that drives you nuts?
- Your favourite smell or perfume?